Features and Benefits
Monitor AOS and Inbound Port status and load. Access to License Reports and Client Sessions.
View notifcations for Alerts, Database Log, AIF Queue, SQL Trace Log, and more.
Manage Batch Jobs
Start and stop batch jobs or drill down into details and fix errors.
Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) ensures secure log-in and AX role-based access is upheld.
Native iOS User Experience
Dynamics AX with the nimble navigation and intuitive UI of iOS devices.
Ability to access multiple legal entities, set data pull timeframe, and app timeouts.
The Dynamics AX Mobile Solution
With the AXAdmin Mobile App you are no longer tied to your desk or PC. Get the information you need, take action with ease, and spot system issues whenever and wherever your busy schedule takes you – be it the server room or the beach!
This app is tailored for Infrastructure and System Administrators of Microsoft Dynamics AX.
For use with Dynamics AX 2012 R3 and supports compatibility with AX 2012 RTM and R2/FP. Currently available for iOS 8 and later.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you looking for answers? Here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about AXAdmin.
Platforms: iPhone and iPad running iOS 8 and later
Systems: Dynamics AX 2012 RTM, R2 FP, and R3
No, due to the high security standards AXAdmin was developed with there is currently no compatible security protocol available for Android. However, this is in the roadmap for future development.
AXAdmin is comprised of three core pieces of technology:
- x++ code and use of Microsoft’s Application Integration Framework (AIF)
- A middle-tier communications foundation that uses Azure Service Bus Relays
- The front end mobile client – the AXAdmin App on your phone!
AXAdmin manages security on a few different levels:
- Device: iOS devices come outfit with a number of security features, like Touch ID, that AXAdmin is compatible with
- Log-in Process: AXAdmin uses Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS). ADFS works with an organization’s instance of Active Directory Domain Services to authenticate users of the mobile phone application. Users are authenticated based on credentials that are sent by the mobile phone application. Upon successful authentication, ADFS returns a token to the mobile phone application.
- Azure: Using the Azure cloud and Service Bus Relays ensures your Dynamics AX is never exposed externally.
- AX User Rights: Through the use of ADFS only certified AX users can log-in. Once inside the App, Users have the same rights as they do in AX, meaning they cannot access functionality that they would not typically have contact with in a desktop version of AX.
Yes, in order to use the AXAdmin solution you need:
- Apple B2B Volume Purchase Program (VPP) Account: https://vpp.itunes.apple.com
- The B2B store is free and is the only way to securely deploy the App to your personal device.
- Azure Subscription
- Operating on a Windows Server version 2008 or later for ADFS functionality
Our development team aims to upgrade the product semi-annually based on direct customer feedback for enhanced feature/capability. Our roadmap includes more mobile applications that are Dynamics focused. Contact us at email@example.com to learn how you can become a development partner and save on your license costs!